Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Childrens Quran


What a beautiful day today in Perth mashallah. My son hurt his foot jumping on the trampoline, so we have been doing activities on the net (mainly quran). Every day I get my boys to spend a small amount of time (depending on age)listening to Quran. I like them to listen to Quran so they follow the way the qari is reciting, following the tajwid.

My favourite site for my 5 year old is www.harfkids.com

MY favourite site for my 10 year old is www.listen2quran.com

My site I like to listen to is www.quranexplorer.net/Quran

I also like iqrafoundation.com for its prophets stories for kids.

I like my 10 year old to know what he is reading, so i try to go over the english trans-literation with him. I find he sometimes gets more interested in his Surat, from understanding the meaning.

Iam going to beginner Arabic classes once a week, which makes me soo much more aware of the meaning of words in my surats. My fathers Lebanese, yet I only know a hand full of words. A victim of focusing on my dominate language (English) as a child, and thus losing what Arabic I new by the age of 10 years. One of my step-sons can speak Malaysian and English well, and the other ones lost his malay as he grew up and can only speak English. I suppose its very important to always speck their native language to their child from young, regardless of the dominate culture language, if not, they could lose or reject it their native parents language.

No comments:

Post a Comment