Thursday, August 15, 2013

The human capacity for change

Salams all,

This link resonated with me. http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/worship/fasting-ramadan/the-human-capacity-for-change/

Over the last year I have experiences many physical changes, both in my body in carrying my fourth child and being sick and incapable at times, to major changes in my environment, food, culture,language,  socialization due to moving overseas. What I have learnt is change beings much self reflection and growth, as one needs to changes ones habits to adapted. I lived a life in the last year before I left Australia, as many of you do, of rushing from one thing or activities to another. The days were full of family needs, household needs, my own personal needs (finish studies and some socialization with friends), inlaws needs and community needs. Productivity was high on the list, yet quality time out to read deeny books,increase in deeny knowledge, time aside to  make zikr constantly and do extra sunnah  salats for every pray, seem at times, in the way to the many things on my ever to do list,  Sometimes I never sat on the couch a few days in a row. Iam writing this because what I have realized it if you don't stop, and take it easy on yourself, something happens that burns all that inner contentment out the door.

 So I ask you what are you escaping from? What I mean is what are you doing in life to ran away from  stopping to feel and see ones self improvement. Take a moment to reflect on the things in your life you rarely ever reflect on, because Ramadan is the perfect time to do so, before it leaves us. Self reflection is a human trait found in people that slow down and stop to look within themselves. They grow the potential to make themselves ever better. Change is dislike but it opens one mind and heart to the potential that is within us to be more, give more, to help more, to live more.

I hope when this Ramandan ends, we have all reflected and have intention to grow our potential in every aspect of our life. We only live life once, make it worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment