Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My aspirations



For a while now I have put my major goal of studying and completing my degree on the back-burner so I can focus on my aspiration to enjoy motherhood more and to take it one day at a time, due to health reasons. Iam really enjoying the slower pace of life (will there is many things to do everyday, but Iam less stress and more content inside), so I take things as bearable and more inspired to live in the moment. Living in the moment is a wonderful experience, as you truely take things in that I use to kind of brush them by, or go thru one ear and come out of the other. Like for example, I LISTEN to my children, now most busy mums do HEAR their child's conversation, but they dont listen and take in the full extent of what the child is saying both on a emotional and physical level.The depth of what you hear and what you take in that is not mention, is deeper and the relationship more enriched, be it a understanding smile or a sincern nod.

I have always aspired to bring up my children pleasing Allahswt and being aware of his companunship to them in their life. My mother holds a unwritten slogan to trust in Allshwt, put your full belief, worry and conviction to him and he swt, as the protector, sustainer, all-hearing and knowing, well be by your side.

My goals now are more to educate my children more at home, taking more time to enjoy and expore the learning journey. My sister inlaw said a really wise thing to me yesterday, which is tt to focus on the here and now and that we want to give our children a love of learning, so they will be life-long learners. Imagine what a gift a mother can give to her child as her ressurances and a source of information. One of the best things I remerber as I grew up ,was that my mother tried to answer all my questions. I sure asked alot of questions and the fact I felt comfortable to listen (not always follow lol ;) her advice shows her eargerness to aspire myself to learn more.

One of the things my mother said to me as a teenager that rings in my ear till today, was the beauty that Islam allows you to question, ask questions so one can learn and seek understanding. How ever we school our children, if we can give the gift of a open ear, understanding and be a source of love and inspiration for their learning, than how very great and noble our roles of motherhood is.

No comments:

Post a Comment