Friday, October 21, 2011

Mental health- the way we think affects our actions

When I achieve a goal, I feel very excited, happy and proud of myself for achieving and accomplishing my goals. I felt hopeful for the future, and I was thinking how capable I can be when I put my mind to something important to me. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve!- W. Clement Stone


Mental health is a state of being. A perception of the world around us. It can be positive or negative, and have the facility to conquer a person’s connection to the outside world, or it can be strong, driven and proactive. A person’s mental health is in a good position when thoughts are balanced. Meaning a person mind set is depended on our perception and interpretation of our environment, our inner beliefs, values and attitudes; our expectations and feelings.
How we think determines how we feel. If I think I am going to fail university, I will feel distress, or stressed. If I think I can do this, I know I have the capability, and I manage my time wisely, I may feel hopeful, engaged, excited that I can do it! Thanking effects a balanced and positive mind frame, an important part of good mental health. Another important aspect of mental health is knowing yourself and being self-aware. In life, it is important to consciously develop a clearer awareness of self by assessing the way we think.

No comments:

Post a Comment