Thursday, December 19, 2013

Dear Mum

Some of the points in this blog post really hit home to me, as they say, mothers never lie. I realize  I have never been fat ever in my life (except after birth weight) yet I have always been conditioned to believe to fear being fat, and that the thinner I was, would make me more beautiful. I love my body with all its flaws, bloated tummy at times, and will a concert effort to not condemn my body, especially as I get older, and to value my inner beauty over my outer. Its funny from a young child I would tell my mother that she was beautiful, because in my eyes she is beautiful, and I never got a positive response from this remark.I remember this incredibly beautiful picture of her at the age of 18, which she tore up for some unknown reason (probably will never know why).  An innocence child eyes are than open from a young age that being beautiful is almost unattainable if your not super thin. So I ask all, that whatever your weight, please lets stop this fear of fat equals ones worth. Words have a huge impact on ones life and especially to a young child.



https://medium.com/human-parts/bf5111e68cc1
Please have a read

No comments:

Post a Comment